Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Black Moon: War Zone Album Release Show. Wednesday, March 10, 1999.

   I got to the club, The Rubb, at about 9P.M. Standing out front with my camera equipment in my backpack, Sandman's Ford Explorer passes by and turns the corner, a van pulls up soon after - parks in front of the club - enter the scene, Evil Dee, Buckshot, Dru Ha, Thor, and Eddie. We all enter the club for the sound check. DJ Evil Dee works the 1's and 2's, Buckshot warms up the mics, Dru Ha, Thor, and Eddie are all over the club and eating french fries, Edwin and Sandman are all about the club as well, checking P.A. and amp levels, and making sure things are set. K'Sheem is off sitting at a table eating a bar-bq sandwich. I had no idea where Bobby was. I myself sat at a table and just observed everyone. The sound check ended and we all left to go to T.G.I. Friday's to eat. On the way to Friday's Bobby started bitching about being broke and not wanting to be sitting up in the restaurant broke and not eating. He tried to call me out on being broke too, saying some shit about how I'm going to look dumb not eating. Meanwhile he sat outside in the parking lot. He ended up calling Tai and having Tai come pick him up to go back to the club. We took up two tables. K'Sheem, Sandman, and I at one table; and the Duckdown crew at the other. Buckshot kept fucking with the hostess. The waiter was slow as hell. After a while Idris and Terrance showed up; then some chick, a promoter or rep - some shit like that, showed up to interview Buck and Evil Dee. After dinner and all the fuck around shit at Friday's we all piled back into our vehicles and headed for the hotel. When we got to the hotel, K'Sheem and I were in the parking lot talking to Buck and he gave K'Sheem a copy of the War Zone album. Dru Ha, Dee, Buck, and Thor went off to one of their rooms; and Eddie, Sandman, K'Sheem, and I were cooling it in Eddie's room watching Jerry Springer, talking all kinds of shit. Eddie started breaking up the trees and rolling a blunt. Only he and I smoked. Some time around 1A.M. we all dipped back to the club to do the show. The show turned out real dope. The Duckdown crew was real damn cool. A hectic but dope as hell night.

1 comment:

  1. Written in Tampa Florida, March 1999. From journal book number One.

    ReplyDelete