Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Originoo Gunn Clappaz

   It was a Saturday night - September 18, 1999 - I hadn't been out to Ybor City or any of the clubs for quite some time. Sandman was doing another show. It was O.G.C. from the Boot Camp Clik. Fader was of course the house DJ.
   The day started with me having to work from 2:30P.M. until 11P.M. My mind wasn't working on that day and I spent it in some sort of dizzy, dream-like tranced state. It wasn't fun. By the time 11P.M. came and it was time to split to the club, I felt a bit better and even hyped up. It had been raining, the clouds still hung in the night sky, and there was a feeling about the night that was a bit uneasy. It was 11:30P.M. by the time I made it out to the club. I paid $7 to park in the parking lot behind club Masquerades. Door admission was $10 but I knew I was getting in for nothing. It was the usual, bring the camera equipment and walk in, so I thought. I get to the door and club security tries to make me pay the $10 and tells me I can't bring in my backpack. Sandman's wife, Tashea, helps my argument with the security. After a short while of arguing and a thorough search of my bag, I'm finally in the club. So there I sat, at the back of the club until O.G.C. went on at around 2A.M. - they got off stage at 2:20A.M., and ten minutes later at 2:30A.M. I left the club. A 20 minute waste of time is all that show ended up being, with no photos shot either.
   I walked out of the club the same way I walked in - alone. On the way to the parking lot I was met up with this kid Matt, as we crossed the lot disaster struck. Matt and I got fucked with by four big-ass pretty-boy assholes. One of them tries to get my backpack but I somehow manage to get away. Matt, on the other hand, gets blind sided from both sides, falls back, and gets his head kicked in. By the time anyone comes to help the dudes are gone, Matt is knocked out and the police question me and Matt as if we started that bullshit.
   One of the worst nights....

1 comment:

  1. Written in Tampa Florida, September 1999. From journal book number One.

    ReplyDelete